10 FAB wedding gifts to buy right now
Posted on 11th April 2019
Do you remember the days when you used to watch your best friend walk down a makeshift aisle in your living room at home? The fond memories of when you used to both put white pillowcases on your heads, pretending that her prince charming was lifting her veil on the best day of her life, before saying ‘I Do’ whilst you read out their vows.
Well you’re BFF is finally getting married and she kept her childhood promise to make you maid-of-honour. The big day is fast approaching and you’ve thrown her the engagement party of her dreams and celebrated in style for her hen weekend, but you’re struggling for inspiration on a great wedding gift to give her and her hubby as a memento of the day that they become Mr and Mrs.
You may know your best friend inside out - from her shoe size to her favourite pizza toppings – but you can’t welcome them into married life with a pepperoni pizza. So here are GO2 Experiences top 10 great wedding gifts to help spur on that inspiration.
10. If your bride and groom to be are cat lovers, why not add to their kitty collection and get them these super cute handmade wool love cats. These are personalised with the couple’s initials and make a lovely, quirky gift for them to display in their home.
9. This ‘All you need is love’ print is the perfect wedding gift for the house-proud pair. Two adorable love birds sit atop a typographic tree with gorgeous personalisation of the couples names and date of their wedding in the stem of the tree.
8. Treat the classy couple to their very own personalised champagne flutes. If the bride and groom are known to crack open a bottle of bubbly or two, they’ve love these ultra-chic, personalised Mr and Mrs glasses.
7. You could keep it traditional and wish them luck and happiness with a horseshoe. This old tradition symbolises that the ‘U’ shaped horseshoe provides good luck forever. This shabby chic wedding gift is personalised with ‘From this day forward’, the happy couple’s initials and their wedding date.
6. These fabulous vintage teaspoons are the perfect wedding gift for the quirky couple and will give them a loving spoonful every time they stir their tea or coffee.
5. A keepsake wedding box is a perfect gift for the sentimental couple. This includes a heart-shaped wooden photo frame, a marriage certificate holder, a hanging wooden heart keepsake, a cloth-bound wedding book and a cloth bag decorated with a wooden heart. This will be a great memento for the couple to look back fondly at their wedding day.
4. Are the bride and groom music fanatics? Was choosing their first dance song the hardest part of their big day? Well, how about this great framed record keepsake to remind them of their first dance together as married couple. You can even add your own little personal message at the bottom of the frame.
3. As something a little different for the adventurous couple, why not buy them a two-man tent so that they can have a night under the stars together.
2. Everyone enjoys a love heart sweet and remembers giving them out to friends and crushes as children. But what a great idea to give a personalised jar of love hearts to the bride and groom on their wedding day, what better way to show them how much they mean to you.
1. If you’re a bit of a hopeless romantic and the happy couple love their date nights, treat them to a year of dates. Buy them 3-4 tickets to do their favourite things to welcome them into their first year of married life. How about tickets to a football game, or theatre tickets?
GO2 Experiences know just how important it is to make that wedding day extra special and great wedding gifts help to remind the newlyweds of their big day for years to come.